The first interview I did back in 2008 also happens to be the most extensive. Though the basic Leangains protocol(s) hasn’t changed dramatically, Leigh Peele was kind enough to update and add the new information to the original interview.
Martin Berkhan and Intermittent Fasting: Interview
Speaking of Leigh Peele, I have reviewed her book on fat loss here: Fat Loss Troubleshoot Review. I think she has improved and added to the book bundle since then. Good primer on fat loss and the issues related to dieting in general.
That’s that. Though some might get the impression that I’m only drinking and partying, which as we all know by now is not as bad as some people believe, I’ve actually had my hands full. Now that things are settling down, I have several articles planned over the next few weeks. Here’s a preview of what I have in store for you:
- A nutrition- and diet-related article that will include some new research very relevant to a topic readers would be interested in. This should be up quite soon. I just need to do some fact-checking.
- A co-op article featuring a secret guest. Topics include intermittent fasting, training and a little something I haven’t talked much about in the past.
- An article about cardio and strength training, cardio for fat loss, how to combine the two, and so forth.
- The Protein Fluff Special. Making the perfect protein fluff is not easy. Fear not, noobs. Once I show you the secrets behind a fine fluff, you will be on the fast-track to Protein Fluff Mastery Level 10. The basic protein fluff recipe can be found here: Amazing High-Protein Recipes and Jack3D Review.
- Leangains Meals Part Three. These meals would make a Tupperware carrying 6-meal-a-day’er curl up in a ball on the floor and enter a catatonic state. Check out Leangains Meals Part One and Leangains Meals Part Two if you haven’t done so already. Part Three will include calories and macros for the meals.
By the way, I post on forums every now and then, and over the years I’ve written quite a bit in the Intermittent Fasting Mega Thread on Bodybuilding.com. They recently had to make a part two, since the original – spanning hundreds of pages with more than a million views – got too damn long.
I figured some of you – especially new readers interested in the Leangains protocol – would want to check it out. I’d recommend Intermittent Fasting for Strength Training and Fat Loss – Part Two since the knowledge and quality of discussion has evolved quite a bit over the years. A few of the posters there are well-versed in the Leangains methodology and would be happy to answer your question (or direct you to the right resource). A few recent forum posts of mine:
A Calorie Deficit is a Recovery Deficit. I will elaborate on some of the points made here in the upcoming article I talked about earlier (#3).
The Most Satiating Foods per Calorie?
That’s it for now.