After winning “Who is your favorite health/fitness blogger?”(thanks to everyone who voted) at Health Habits I was approached and asked whether I wanted to join the Hive Health Media network. After reading the terms, and looking at some of the other blogs in the network, I thought I wouldn’t have anything to lose by at least giving it a trial run for a few months.
This will serve to give my site and my articles some extra exposure. In return, I’ll keep an eye out for share-worthy material on the other blogs in the network and promote it (via Twitter, FB, etc.) if I find something good. That’s it. Nothing else changes.
A Few Good Reads
I’ve come across quite a few good reads this last week that I thought I’d share.
- “Why Making Dinner is a Good Idea.” Jonah Lehrer writes one of my favorite blogs. This article is about evolution, dopamine and the curse of fast foods. I highly recommend you check it out. I’ve mentioned Jonah Lehrer before, in “The Marshmallow Test”.
- “Carbohydrate Intake and Depression.” I’ve noticed some people have a harder time low-carbing during the dark winter months; I too experienced this way back in the days when I played around with ketogenic diets and CKD (cyclical ketogenic diet). Lyle proposes a few strategies that might make it easier. Note: The woman asking the question is an extreme example. 180-200 g carbs is certainly not low, but don’t get too hung up on that; my point is that low-carbing is harder, relatively speaking, for some people during the dark months.
- “How Not to Fight Colds.” I haven’t been sick in ten years but I do get a runny nose from time to time. According to this article, this is a good thing and you shouldn’t aim to fight cold symptoms. They’re just signs of an active immune system.
- “Leangains: Martin Berkhan’s Workout Approach.” I talk training over at Richard Nikoley’s site.
- “Why Working From Home is Both Awesome and Horrible.” Hilarious. Even funnier, or spookier, when I see that the clock in “Loss of Regimen” is 03.17 AM…on the minute the same as here as I’m typing this.
That’s it for tonight. Keep up with me on Twitter if you want to get more tips on read-worthy material.
P.S. New article coming soon. Sorry, folks. I originally wrote that it would be up on Tuesday but, as I started writing, it took off into another direction. On the plus side, it’ll be more interesting and rewarding when it’s done.
P.S.S. I added a review of “Adipoxil” to “Supplements You Might Actually Find Useful”.